Saturday 18 May 2013

Its been some time

Hi there

Its been ages since I last posted! Two weeks to be precise, but a lot has happened and blogging had to take a back seat whilst I dealt with other priorities. It hasn't been the most pleasant two weeks, I've had a horrid stomache bug, had a nasty accident where I fell from a style onto my head (I have the cuts and bruisers to prove it- ouch!) and been worrying about three other family members who are not well either!

But I'm pleased to report that things are getting back to normal and family are on the road to recovery and my bruises are turning from black and blue to a yellow tinge.

With everything going on I haven't really been in the kitchen much too, I didn't eat anything for almost two days with my stomache bug, which is one reason I think I fell from the style.

To top it off the weather has been pants too hasn't it and the weekend we went away camping it absolutely threw it down and we had thunder and lightening, which poor Marco didn't like at all. His first camping trip was one disaster after another. I just hope it hasn't put him off altogether.

So what have I been eating over the last two weeks then...............................

Bank holiday hubby, Marco and I went to Mum and Dads for a buffet. I always take a few dishes with me for others to try and ensure that I have something for myself. Mum is pretty good tho, and always makes sure there is something for me. Bank holiday was no exception, we had jacket potatoes, salad, houmous and the dishes that I took with me. These included:

  • Red onion caramelised tart
  • Coleslaw
  • Thai coleslaw
  • Curried chick peas
  • Satay courgette ribbons
  • Chocolate torte

My recipe for coleslaw can be found on this blog, but this time I used red cabbage as that's what I had in my fridge. The Thai coleslaw was veganised from a recipe in a free supermarket magazine and the curried chick peas and satay courgette ribbons were adapted from recipes posted by fat free vegan, called zucchini 'noodles' with sesame peanut sauce and two chickpea salads. The red onion caramelised tart was easy to make. All I did was saute 2 red onions and 2 brown onions in a little olive oil over a low heat for about 15 minutes, then I added brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and cooked for another 10 minutes. Top a sheet of already rolled puff pastry (jus roll is vegan) with the mixture and sprinkle a little vegan cheese on top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. It was delicious and so easy to make. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x