Saturday 28 February 2015

Notice Board: Heavenly Organics Skin Care Review

Quite some time ago (in fact it was last October) I visited the West Midlands Vegan Fair and I had the pleasure to meet Mary-Anne who owns Heavenly Organics Skin Care. Her range is absolutely fabulous and you can purchase anything from soothing foot balms to body scrubs to dry shampoo. I'd heard good things about her products and had been a twitter follower for some time so it was great to meet Mary-Anne in person.

Mary-Anne started her business as she found it difficult to purchase organic and vegan skin care products. Every Heavenly Organic product is hand made and contains no chemicals, all products are vegan and use organic high quality ingredients. 

I asked Mary-Anne which product she was most proud of and it was the first product she created, her fabulous body scrubs.

I was quite honestly spoilt for choice with her display but Mary-Anne also had a fantastic show offer on where you could buy 3 products for the price of 2. I knew one of the products had to be a body scrub so after some smelling and chatting I decided on the following: 


Moisturising Orange & Lime Body Scrub
Lavender & Tea Tree Foot Balm
Orange & Line Body Oil

To top things off Mary-Anne also gave me a Tea Tree & Mint Lip Balm - Bonus! How lovely is that?

I've been using the products since last October and I can honestly say that her company name says it all; "Heavenly Organics".


The Moisturising Orange and Lime Body Scrub smells absolutely divine, good enough to eat in fact. Your skin feels alive after using it and so soft. The only ingredients are unrefined sea salt, extra virgin olive oil and two essential oils; orange and lime. That's it! All natural ingredients. 


The Organic Orange and Lime Body Oil was a perfect match after using the Moisturising Orange and Lime Body Scrub. As you know I am a great believer in aromatherapy, and the smell of this product is just gorgeous! It will keep you smiling throughout the day, thanks to the health benefits of orange essential oil, known for raising your mood and creating a relaxed feeling. The lime essential oil is also a great addition as it is great for your skin as well as helping to protect you from viral infections, such as the common cold.

When I first opened the little tin to reveal the Lavender & Tea Tree Foot Balm, I just loved the mould, how pretty, such a great start! The smell was once again divine and was so easy to use. Instead of scooping out a cream and 'losing' amounts on your hands you could just rub this over your feet. After a long day on your feet this is a great soother, revitalising your aching feet. 

I'm not one for using lip sticks or lip balms due to the fact that I have suffered with coldsores in the past, an outbreak of coldsores for me doesn't mean the odd one but my poor lips are covered in them making it extremely difficult and very painful to drink, eat and talk. So if I'm honest I was sceptical in using this product, but I needn't have worried. The Tea Tree and Mint Lip Balm was a pleasure to use and thanks to its organic and non chemical ingredients my lips haven't suffered and are well moisturised even throughout these cold winter months. Lavender essential oil is well known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties so I'm sure that has helped keep the pesky coldsores at bay. The smell was again divine and the peppermint essential oil gave my lips a cooling sensation when applied.

Overall the products that I have tried are fabulous and I wouldn't hesitate in trying out more products from the heavenly organic skin care range.

Jasmine x

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these do sound impressive. I'll have to look out for them at upcoming vegan fairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what vegan fairs you're going to it would be lovely to meet up if we're at the same fair! Especially if you bring cake! ;o) LOL

      Delete
  2. I love these products as well, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x