Tuesday 24 February 2015

Notice Board: Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder Review

I was delighted when Jessica from Kiss Me Organics got intouch and asked if I wanted to review their Organic Matcha Green Tea. I adore Green Tea, I can't get enough of the stuff so I didn't hesitate in accepting her offer.



The Organic Matcha Green Tea I was sent is culinary grade and is reported to be the "ancient secret, to beauty, health and longevity". Kiss Me Organics provides lots of information on the benefits of incorporating the Organic Match Green Tea Powder into your diet on their website, but in a nutshell they state it provides the following:
  • All day energy 
  • Increased focus
  • Metabolism boost
  • Improved skin health
  • Up to 137 times more the antioxidants of brewed green tea
As the product comes in powder form you can make your creations as strong or mild as you like, you really have the control to adjust to your specific taste. I couldn't wait to try it out in a few different creations. Obviously you can drink it as a tea (hot or cold) or a latte, in fact on purchasing the organic match green tea powder you also get sent a whole heap of recipe ideas, bonus! Unfortunately most recipes aren't vegan but can easily be adapted. But who needs recipes, I couldn't wait to experiment.

What I made:
  • Green Tea Fruit Shake
  • Green Tea Loaf
  • Green Tea & Blueberry Oat Bars
  • Green Tea & Lemon Ice-cream/Sorbet 
I was not disappointed in the slightest! I love the stuff, I got that carried away making different creations (none which were disasters which is fabulous for me) that I didn't manage to make much tea at all. Thankfully I have some left and I've promised myself to enjoy it as cups of tea! My first creation was a Matcha Fruit Shake as it takes no time at all to whiz one up. For other fruit shake ideas see my earlier post. I've been having matcha fruit shakes for the last 5 days and I love them.

Organic Matcha Fruit Shake - Serves 1

Ingredients 
250ml soya yoghurt*
1 Tsp Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder**
1 Banana, sliced and frozen
¼ Pineapple, sliced and frozen

*I used Alpro Lemon and Lime
**Use more if you prefer a stronger taste 

Method
Add the ingredients to your blender in the order provided and  blend until you have a thick but smooth shake. Pour into a glass and enjoy. Caution: please check your blender is capable of blending ice cubes.

I love my fruit shakes and they are perfect for breakfast on the go, just pour into a screw top beaker and take with you. If you prefer to drink your fruit shakes through a straw I would advise that you use fairly wide straws as the mixture is thick!

My next creation was an Organic Matcha Green Tea Loaf using organic raisins and it went perfect with the fruit shake as a mid morning snack, or should that be meal!

Organic Matcha Green Tea Loaf - Makes 10-12 Slices
















Ingredients
1 Tbsp Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
300ml Boiling water
1 Tbsp Agave nectar
1 Lemon, juice only
250g Plain flour, sieved
150g Organic raisins
125g Sugar
2 Tsp Baking powder
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda

Method
Turn on your oven to a medium heat, around 180 - 190°C. Line a loaf tin with baking powder or a ready formed baking case, which is much easier!

In a jug mix the Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder with the boiling water making sure all the powder is incorporated. Add the agave and lemon juice and whisk in.

In a separate bowl combine the sieved flour with the remaining ingredients, stiring to combine fully.

Pour the matcha liquid into the flour mixture and stir to incorporate all the ingredients.

Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the loaf springs back when lightly pressed.

Let the loaf cool slightly in the tin before removing. Enjoy a slice with a cup of green tea or my match fruit shake.


I'll share my other two recipes with you over the next couple of weeks.

If you would like to purchase a packet of Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder they sell exclusively on Amazon and you can find their product here.

Jasmine x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x