Tuesday 29 October 2013

VPud - the verdict

Do you remember my last post about Stone Farmers Market over two weeks ago? I bought a vegan black pudding!

My regular readers will know that I'm not a fan of mock meats at all, but I couldn't resist buying this. I wasn't sure if I would try it but I couldn't wait to serve it up to hubby to see if he noticed the difference!


Ingredients: Cooked Pearl Barley, Rusk (Wheat Flour, Salt), Rolled Oats, Protein (Starch, Flour, Protein), Oatmeal, Non-hydrogenated Vegetable Suet, Salt, Barley Flour, Beetroot Powder, Herbs & Spices, Roast Barley Malt Extract, Natural Flavouring. Allergens: Wheat, Gluten, Celery.

The verdict? Hubby didn't notice the difference until he saw it on my plate! Yes, even I tried it! I was pleasantly surprised, I honestly can't remember what black pudding tastes like but this didn't remind me of meat so to speak. It was full of flavour and very 'herby'.


Would I buy this again, yes I probably would but it's not something that we would eat a lot of, maybe just as a fry-up treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x