Saturday 23 November 2013

Vegan Food Swap Box - November

Phew the monthly vegan food swap box comes round quicker each month, I'm sure. This month I was sending to Sammy who's known in the twitter world as @cleaning girl. For those of you who are not with the programme here's what happens. Every month tohappy vegans, who organise the swap box (thank you!) assign you a partner to send a parcel of vegan goodies to and in return you will receive your own parcel of surprise delights from someone else. It really is good fun and its like getting a birthday every month!


Because of the time of year I couldn't resist sending a vegan advent calendar. I hope Sammy enjoys her vegan chocolate breakfast sample each morning in December!
My vegan swap box also included the following goodies:
  • The Food Doctor Sweet Chilli Soya & Corn Crisp Thins   
  • The Delicatessan Beetroot & Red Onion Chutney
  • The Delicatessan Sicilian Style Sticks
  • Packet of Olives ou Marche
  • Blackfriars Fruit Flapjack
  • Urban Fruit Superberry Mix
  • Pukka Relax Teabag
I'm hoping Sammy loves olives as much as me. I guess you either love them or hate them! I'm a lover of all things olives and I always have some in the fridge or a stand by packet in my cupboards. Sammy is lucky these didn't get gobbled up before I posted them. I also love the Food Doctor crisp thins especially the sweet chilli flavour. 

The Beetroot and Red Onion Chutney was once sent to me as part of the vegan swap box and I used mine in a stiry fry which worked out a treat but you could use it as a dip or on crackers with a bit of vegan cheese or houmous. The Sicilian Sticks would work a treat dipped into it!

For the sweet items I included the advent calendar, I don't care how old you are everyone loves an advent calendar. I actually bought two, one for myself!

Another handy store cupboard snack is the Blackfriars flapjacks, I prefer the fruit one but they are rather large and I always cut into two portions so you definitely get your moneys worth. I've just realised I included one of these in last months swap box too!

I've not tried a packet of Urban Fruit Superberry yet, I'm starting to wish I'd bought two of these too, they look rather tasty. Finally but no means least a Pukka Teabag - Relax, which is a blend of organic chamomile, fennel and marshmallow root.

I hope you like your vegan swap box Sammy, and I hope you enjoy your bit of chocolate for every December morning. Is it too early to say Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x