Wednesday 20 August 2014

Specials board: Pasta with Chilli Cheesy Sauce

As you can tell from this post I have been craving pasta again! Today I wanted to keep it simple and quick and I will come back to this recipe time and time again especially during the colder months. The recipe only uses store cupboard ingredients and you can add any vegetable to the pasta as you wish, I added mushrooms. You must have guessed by now they are one of my favourite ingredients and I couldn't live without the humble mushroom!

Ingredients - Serves 2-3 
150g Pasta
250ml Unsweetened almond milk
5 Tbsp Cashew nuts
3 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
1 Tsp Mustard
1 Tsp Chilli flakes
½ Tsp Turmeric


Method
Cook the pasta in boiling water as per the packet instructions.

Cook your favourite vegetable and set aside, I fried up 3 field mushrooms.

Put the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until you have a smooth sauce. If you're lucky enough to have a vitamix the sauce will heat up as it blends.

Drain the pasta and put back in the pan, add your vegetable of choice (mine is the mushroom), pour over the sauce and cook over a low hear until the sauce thickens. Serve straight away.



You could also use this sauce over nachos and serve with side orders of guacamole and salsa. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x