Saturday 3 November 2012

Dinner Menu - Week 1

With a new puppy, aromatherapy classes, physiotherapy appointments and trying to lose weight I need to be super organised! So every weekend I have been working out the dinner menu for the following week. Now this is harder for me than most as my Hubby isn't a Vegan neither a Vegetarian! Although some days he is without him knowing he is! Aren't I naughty? Now I don't know how many couples out there are the complete opposite in diets but cooking two meals every night can be exhausting. My Hubby isn't a great lover of vegetables and I am the complete opposite! He is getting better though and the list of acceptable vegetables is growing (hidden or otherwise). Now I hear a lot of you saying why do you cook meat for him? If he wants to eat meat let him cook it! Well he does, some days but with my help. Basically I'm too soft! But things are getting better and I will start to introduce a meat free meal once a week so watch this space for ideas for someone who hates vegetables..........


With being Veggie I tend to use tried and tested recipe's from cook books for hubby and if I can adapt them to being Vegan all the better.  

Menu plan 1 - Vegan
Monday - Spicy bean and vegetable stew, taken from the Hairy Dieters
Tuesday - Spicy bean and vegetable stew, taken from the Hairy Dieters 
Wednesday - Butternut Squash, Leek and Vegan Blue Cheese Filo Pie 
Thursday - Butternut Squash, Leek and Vegan Blue Cheese Filo Pie  
Friday - Stuffed Peppers, Veganised from the Hairy Dieters
Saturday - Butternut Squash, Leek and Vegan Blue Cheese Filo Pie  
Sunday - Stuffed Peppers, Veganised from the Hairy Dieters  

Menu plan 1 - Meat Eater
Monday - Paprika Chicken, taken from the Hairy Dieters
Tuesday - Chicken and Ham Tingle Pie, taken from the Hairy Dieters
Wednesday - Paprika Chicken, taken from the Hairy Dieters 
Thursday - Chicken and Ham Tingle Pie, taken from the Hairy Dieters 
Friday - Sweet & Sour Pork, taken from Ministry of Food by Jamie Oliver
Saturday - Pork & Cider Stew, taken from Ministry of Food by Jamie Oliver
Sunday - Pork & Cider Stew, taken from Ministry of Food by Jamie Oliver

As you can see from above we eat the same thing more than once a week. This is for two reasons, 1) because we haven't got a freezer and 2) we don't get home till late and its easier to heat up something than make something from scratch every night.

The recipe for the Butternut Squash, Leek and Vegan Blue Cheese Filo Pie will be available soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x