Saturday 11 January 2014

Homemade Vegan Muesli

What do you eat for breakfast? Some say its the most important meal of the day, for me though I have never been able to eat straight away on waking more like an hour or so later. Weekends isn't a problem for obvious reasons but for weekdays it becomes more of a problem, well maybe problem is to stronger word. I need something transportable so I can take it work and eat breakfast at my desk. 

You could argue that everything is portable but I don't want to carry multiple items to and from work every day. My solution is homemade vegan muslei, which I transport in a nifty 2 pot stacker with vegan yoghurt. When I get to work I mix the two together and voila breakfast is served!

Ingredients - serves 8
150g Prridge Oats
70g Chopped mixed nuts
30g Seed mix*
50g Raisins**
50g Hulled hemp seed
50g Milled chai seed
* My mix contained sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, pine nuts and goji berries
** You could try different dried fruit, there is plenty to chose from

Method
Simply mix all ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a sealed container. Serve with vegan yoghurt.


As well as tasting very good, this muesli is very good for you and it is so quick and simple to make up. It doesn't contain the sugars that shop bought muesli does nor does it contain dried milk like many do. What it does contain and provide is fibre, protein, amino acids, essential fatty acids, calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc, folic acid, vitamin C, E, and K and much much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x