Monday 27 August 2012

Changes to my lifestyle - Part 2

Exercise regime
I'm still not fully fit due to my existing conditions and unable to exercise fully. However I can walk so walking is what I shall do! I don't particularly like walking unless there is a purpose or its an adventure with hubby, who needs a real kick up the ass to get him to do any form of exercise, but when he does he really enjoys himself - go figure!

I live approximately 4.5km from work and although I don't like walking to work (I sweat glow quite a bit) what is stopping me from walking home? Yes there are always excuses, its too cold, its too dark, its not safe, I'm too tired. But after a stressful day at the office what better way to unwind and there is a purpose - to get home! I can wrap up warm and after the first kilometer I'll be warm anyway, stick to main roads which are lit, don't listen to music and be aware of my surroundings, and as a bonus, exercise gives you more energy. So that's sorted then, public transport to work and my own leg power home. Baby steps, you can't run before you can walk.

As my blog continues I will keep you posted of the exercise undertaken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x