Wednesday 30 January 2013

TUESDAY, 29 JANUARY 2013

Vegan food review - Sainsbury's Nut Cutlets

Previously I had mentioned that I was going to undertake a review of ready made/processed vegan fare. It was somewhat of a surprise to find what I did on my latest visit to Sainsbury's. As I trawled through the frozen section at Sainsburys, not really expecting to find any vegan fare, I cam across two items that were in the vegetarian section. After reading the ingredients I figured they were suitable for vegans and purchased both items. It wasn't until I got home that I saw that they were both labelled suitable for vegans! Well done Sainsburys!
The first item I chose to cook and eat were nut cutlets.


These cooked in 15 minutes following the instructions, and were fairly crisp on the outside and soft inside.

The overall taste wasn't unpleasant but it did have a floury taste. I had them on bread with salad so this was disguised a little.

Would I buy them again? Maybe if there was nothing else to choose from or I ate them as part of a roast dinner with lashings of gravy. I'll keep you posted. 

But I still think thanks are needed to Sainsbury's who have tried to supply us vegans where other big chains have failed. I don't include company's who only make Vegan and/or vegetarian food, these are in a league of their own!

Next vegan food review from Sainsbury's is their spicy bean burgers, watch this space..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x