Saturday 2 February 2013

Aromatherapy update

If you're a reader of my blog you will remember I enrolled on a 10 week course on aromatherapy, and I pleased to announce that I passed with flying colours. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and I am seriously considering doing a full time course (over a couple of evenings a week) so I can become a fully qualified aromatherapist. I am confident with the oils that I have purchased and I am able to blend the oils to help promote a more balanced lifestyle, reduce stress and reduce the chance of everyday illnesses. However, without the relevant qualification I cannot continue my journey and become a practitioner. I'm not sure if that's where I want to be yet but it can't hurt opening more doors for the future can it? I need to start saving! Courses these days are not cheap are they?

I use what I have learnt almost every day and I always have an oil burner lit to either help me relax or increase my concentration. I've also made cleaning products, hand creams, body moisturisers, liquid soap, bubble bath, room spray's and my own pot pourri. 

I made a few creations for Christmas presents and I've received some good feedback which is always encouraging. The most popular was the sleep easy pillow spray I did, which has helped a few people I know. 

If you're interested in learning more, check your nearest college to see what courses they offer or check within your community for bite sized courses. There are lots of books out there too, the books my 10 week course recommended are brilliant and you can buy them on Amazon at a reasonable price. The two I purchased are:
  • Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The complete guide to the use of aromatic oils in aromatherapy, herbalism, health and well-being.
  • Aromatherapy: The Essential Blending Guide
Let me know if you decide to learn more and we can swap stories. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x