Friday 22 February 2013

Vegan Swap Box - What I Sent

This month was my first vegan swap box which the to happy vegans organise every month. I was super excited at sending a swap box and even more excited to see what I would receive.
The person I sent to was Bindy, who told me that this was the first and last time she would be able to take part in the vegan swap box, as she was moving away from the UK at the end of the month. So I put my thinking cap on and thought the best thing to send her was snack foods, naughty but nice! Here is what I sent her:


I ordered a graze box to send and this was made up with a sachet of lightly salted popping corn, lightly toasted pistachios, seedsational (roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds roasted with soy sauce) and lost army (a classic rice and peanut cracker mix). 

When I first went vegan I had a mentor that was set up by the vegan society and she told me that original hobnobs were vegan. I was amazed and I always have a packet at hand for those emergencies! Another good stand by is the packet of savoury snack mix.

I also included two "9bars"; original and flax as well as 3 "nakd" bars; cocoa and orange, pecan pie and cashew cookie. My favourite is the cocoa and orange version which I am going to have a go at making myself sometime soon.

To top off the naughty but nice I included a packet of little love heart sweets and ASDA free from choc and orange bar.

To balance all the naughtiness out, I added a carton of rice dream, a milk alternative that I use quite a bit in my cooking and 2 earl grey and 2 green tea with lemon tea bags. I hope Bindy enjoys the swap box, I enjoyed putting it together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x