Tuesday 9 September 2014

Specials Board: Couscous Stuffed Vegetables

Couscous Stuffed Vegetables & Vegan Mofo Day 8
Yesterday I made a big batch of couscous with roasted courgettes and I told you to keep back 160g of couscous for another recipe. Well today I am sharing with you that recipe!

Because I didn't have my mammoth cooking session at the weekend I am making dinner each night by creating a different recipe just so I can post for Vegan Mofo. Now that's dedication for you. I like to keep mid week meals simple if I'm cooking from scratch and I'll double up when cooking certain ingredients so I have a base for the next days recipe. So yesterday I cooked more couscous than I needed so I could use it today.

Ingredients (Serves 4 - 8)

175g Courgette, grated
1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
Salt & Pepper
50g Soft vegan 'cheese'
4 Field mushrooms, destalked and peeled
2 Yellow peppers, halved & seeds removed
1 Garlic clove, thinly sliced

Method

Place the mushrooms, gill side up on a baking tray and the peppers cut side up. Add a slice or two of garlic to each mushroom and half pepper.

Bake in a moderate oven for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms start to lose their juices.

Meanwhile mix the couscous and grated courgette in a big bowl, add the nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and mix again.

Add the soft vegan 'cheese' to a microwaveable bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds so that it becomes more mixable. Add the cheese to the courgette and couscous and mix well so that all the ingredients are well combined. The mixture should actually hold its shape if you were to roll into balls.

Spoon the mixture into each pepper half and pile on top of the mushrooms. Press it down so it keeps its shape.

Bake in a moderate oven for another 10 minutes or until the couscous is golden. Serve with a salad or just on there own.







3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I bought couscous for one of my recipes last week, so I'll try using it in this recipe when I get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all out now so its on my shopping list, its a great store cupboard ingredient isn't it. So easy to whip something magical up with it. I'm behind reading Mofo posts but looking forward to spending Saturday catching up! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan! (I'm a bit behind on my reading as well!)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x