Saturday 20 April 2013

April Vegan Food Swap - What I Received

I can't believe how time flies! It only feels like yesterday when I was blogging about the March Vegan Food Swap Box. For all of you who don't know about this vegan goodies swap box system, it's a fantastic idea. To Happy Vegans organise it and every month you are assigned a partner to send a parcel of vegan goodies to and in return you receive your own parcel of surprise delights! This is my third time and I always get excited about what I might receive and putting together the box for my swap buddy. You really should give it a whirl.

This month I was sent a vegan swap box from Finola, who sent me a box of awesome goodies! Look at what I got.........



As you can see it was a delightful mix of sweet and savoury foods. In my parcel I got the following items:


  • Organic Cha Soba Noodles
  • Minestrone Soup Squeeze & Stir
  • Broad Beans, Roasted & Salted
  • Munchy Seeds
  • Nakd Bar, Rhubarb & Custard
  • Bittersweet Chocolate
  • Panda Original Liquorice
  • Panda Raspberry Liquorice
  • Hazelnut Cream Wafers
  • Speculaas Biscuits


I can't wait to use the Cha Soba Noodles, the packet suggests serving them hot or cold, so the first thing I'm going to try is a noodle salad continuing my work lunch theme.


I would never have guessed that Heinz make a soup suitable for vegans, so this is also an ideal work lunch. I can't wait to try the broad beans, I've had something similar once, on a visit to Cardiff I picked up a packet of satay broad beans which were delicious, so I have high hopes for these. 

I love munchy seeds and they are great as a snack or a topper to a salad or even on a houmous sandwich to give it a bit of crunch.

I always keep a stock of panda liquorice bars in my drawer at work and Finola must be psychic as I ate my last one on Friday and need to restock! Chocolate bars are always welcome and I've not come across this bar before, bittersweet chocolate. I will be delving in very soon. I've not seen the Hazelnut Cream Wafers before either, so I am looking forward to trying those.

Nakd Bars! You gotta love these beauty's, my favourite is chocolate orange but I've not seen this flavour before, Rhubarb and Custard. Will this flavour relpace my favourite so far?

Last and by no means least, the speculaas biscuits, in Finola's note she tells me they are gorgeous and I've seen a few other food bloggers rave about them. Apparantly you can also by them as a spread! I'll let you know my verdict soon.

Thanks Finola for a fantastic selection of vegan goodies, a lot of which I've not tried before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x