Tuesday 9 April 2013

Banana Breakfast Mousse

During a stock take of my kitchen store cupboards (yes I do this quite regularly, sad but true) I came across a packet of silken tofu which needed eating as it had passed its best before date. I'm not that keen on silken tofu but I heard that it is used as an ingredient in vegan mousse. So I thought I'd give it a try. Now I was making breakfast so to make me feel a little better I needed to use some other ingredients which I deem breakfast ingredients, so here's what I did:

Ingredients
½ Pack of silken tofu
1 Banana
4 Tbsp Vanilla soy yoghurt
1 Tbsp Agave nectar
2 Tbsp Oats
¼ Pineapple



Method
Put all ingredients bar the pineapple into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Whilst the mixture is blending chop up the pineapple into chunks. Serve the mousse in a bowl and scatter the pineapple chunks over the top.

When I make this again I will let it sit for a while before eating, which will let the oats marinade in the liquid so to speak and become soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x