Friday 29 March 2013

Beetroot Houmous

Almost three weeks ago I blogged about my houmous salad sanga and I told you that I would be pairing up beetroot and houmous sometime soon as I thought they were a perfect match.

Today, I did just that, let me introduce you to beetroot houmous............


Using two thirds of a can of chickpeas make a standard houmous using chickpeas, tahini, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and chickpea water. 

Remove half of the houmous to a pot and keep for another day. Add 1 chopped beetroot to the food processor and blend. The houmous goes a lovely pink colour, great to use as part of a valentines dinner. I also added about 10 basil leaves which I chopped finely and added to the processor and gave it another quick blend

If you look closely you will see little flecks of green. The flavour was just as I imagined it, the basil balancing out the beetroot.

Use on a wrap with other salad ingredients or as a dip with crudites and enjoy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x