Saturday 30 March 2013

Lemon Drizzle Cake

My regular readers will know that S has been in hospital for some time now after being diagnosed with Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS). I'm pleased to report that she is on the mend, although it will be a slow process, GBS also stands for Get Better Slowly. She requested a lemon drizzle cake but not of the vegan variety, which I baked for her. But there was no way that I was going to miss out so I altered the recipe to make a second cake which was vegan friendly. Unfortunately it wasn't a 100% success. So I will go back in the kitchen and tweak my recipe. Once I'm completely happy with it I will share the recipe.

The cake was edible but I felt that it was a little under cooked although it had been the oven long enough. Perhaps I drowned it with lemon too early after I had baked it. Whatever the problem was it just didn't feel right. It was very lemony though and that's something I won't be changing. Watch this space for the final recipe which I'll be happy to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x